Connect with us

World

Brooklyn wigmaker accused of killing mom, two kids in horror crash previously won $2m NYPD settlement

A Brooklyn wigmaker accused of running down a mother and her two young daughters in a devastating crash has been charged with manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide, authorities said Sunday. Killing Charges After Tragic Brooklyn Crash Miriam Yarimi, 32, was allegedly driving her Audi A4 with a suspended license when she plowed into a crowd […]

Published

on

Brooklyn wigmaker accused of killing mom, two kids in horror crash previously won m NYPD settlement
Photo credit : X.com

A Brooklyn wigmaker accused of running down a mother and her two young daughters in a devastating crash has been charged with manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide, authorities said Sunday.

Killing Charges After Tragic Brooklyn Crash

Miriam Yarimi, 32, was allegedly driving her Audi A4 with a suspended license when she plowed into a crowd of pedestrians in Gravesend on Saturday, killing a mother and her daughters, ages 8 and 4, as they left Shabbat services.

The woman’s 4-year-old son remains in critical condition, police said.

Yarimi now faces three counts of second-degree manslaughter, three counts of criminally negligent homicide, and four counts of second-degree assault.

Additional charges include reckless driving, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, failure to yield on red, and exceeding the speed limit, police confirmed.

The fatal crash unfolded when Yarimi’s vehicle collided with a Toyota Camry driven by an Uber driver, sending her Audi careening into nine pedestrians in a busy crosswalk.

The incident occurred on Ocean Parkway in a predominantly Orthodox Jewish neighborhood.

Yarimi, a mother of one, is known professionally as a wigmaker, a fact reflected on her Audi’s custom license plate, which reads “WIGM8KER.”

Online records reveal a troubling driving history, with over 93 traffic violations linked to the car, including 20 speeding tickets and more than $10,000 in fines.

Records show that just days before the fatal crash, on March 16, she was ticketed for speeding through a Brooklyn school zone.

When reporters visited her Brooklyn home, a family friend declined to comment on Yarimi but expressed concern for the surviving child. “He needs our prayers. He’s in the hospital. He needs our prayers,” the friend said.

Yarimi previously made headlines for settling a lawsuit against the NYPD for $2 million after alleging that she was sexually assaulted by an officer at the age of 14.

As the community mourns the victims of Saturday’s crash, prosecutors are expected to push for serious penalties in light of Yarimi’s driving history and the tragedy’s scale.

World

Trump Ignites a Groundbreaking Global Trade Battle

On April 3, 2025, former President Donald Trump rolled out an ambitious set of tariffs, shaking up both domestic and global trade landscapes. Announced with his signature flair, these measures signal a aggressive push to reshape America’s economic relationships as he gears up for his next chapter in leadership. It’s a move that’s got everyone—from […]

Published

on

Trump Ignites a Groundbreaking Global Trade Battle

On April 3, 2025, former President Donald Trump rolled out an ambitious set of tariffs, shaking up both domestic and global trade landscapes. Announced with his signature flair, these measures signal a aggressive push to reshape America’s economic relationships as he gears up for his next chapter in leadership. It’s a move that’s got everyone—from everyday shoppers to international leaders—paying close attention.

Trump’s latest tariff strategy isn’t holding back. He’s slapped a hefty 25% tariff on goods coming from countries outside the U.S. free trade agreements, but there’s a twist: Canada and Mexico, two of America’s biggest trading buddies, dodged the steepest hikes. Instead, they’ll stick with an earlier 25% rate on items not covered by existing deals. Meanwhile, other nations face what Trump calls “reciprocal” tariffs—higher rates designed to mirror what they charge U.S. goods. It’s a tit-for-tat approach aimed at leveling the playing field.

The timing couldn’t be more telling. Earlier that same day, the National Retail Federation (NRF) dropped its 2025 sales forecast, predicting a modest growth of 2.7% to 3.7%, landing between $5.42 trillion and $5.48 trillion. That’s a slight dip from last year’s 3.6% jump, hinting at a cautious outlook for retail. With Trump’s tariffs now in the mix, questions are swirling about how these new costs might ripple through stores and hit consumers’ wallets.

This isn’t just policy wonk stuff—it’s personal. Higher tariffs could mean pricier goods on shelves, especially for imports that don’t get a pass. But Trump’s betting big that protecting American industries will spark a homegrown economic boom. Whether that gamble pays off is the million-dollar question, and it’s one we’ll all be watching unfold as his administration takes shape.

Continue Reading

World

Shocking News: Elon Musk under pressure to exit DOGE after Wisconsin embarrassment? White House says, ‘Garbage’

Elon Musk is on his way out, Donald Trump reportedly told his inner circle. Democrats saw a high-profile victory in Wisconsin, where Susan Crawford defeated GOP-backed Brad Svhimel in the judicial race. Through his PAC, Musk poured over $21 million into the campaign backing Schimel, he held a townhall where he handed out $1 million […]

Published

on

Shocking News:  Elon Musk under pressure to exit DOGE after Wisconsin embarrassment? White House says, ‘Garbage’

Elon Musk is on his way out, Donald Trump reportedly told his inner circle.

Democrats saw a high-profile victory in Wisconsin, where Susan Crawford defeated GOP-backed Brad Svhimel in the judicial race.

Through his PAC, Musk poured over $21 million into the campaign backing Schimel, he held a townhall where he handed out $1 million checks and other giveaways to registered voters who signed a petition or referred others to sign.

Musk’s money made the Supreme Court election one of the most closely watched ones and Musk said the race would determine “the future of America and Western civilization”. It was electorally the first big test of the second Trump term.

Following the defeat, Musk had to face a wave of gloating on X while the Trump administration busied itself with the Liberation Day announcement. The Democrats’ official account posted a picture of Musk donning a cheese head and accompanied with the single word “Loser”.

“As a little girl, I never could have imagined that I’d be taking on the richest man in the world for justice in Wisconsin. And we won,” Crawford said after the win.

Well-known Elon-hater Jasmine Crockett, a Democrat House member from Texas, posted: “Well well well, I guess Wisconsin agreed on the message for old Elon: “F off!,” she wrote.

Trump confirmed Musk would be back to his business

After the election result, it was reported that Trump told his inner circle that Musk would soon leave his role and will go back to his business. Elon Musk too confirmed the same before Trump that his DOGE team was nearing the completion of their primary objective.

Garbage: White House

The White House maintained that Elon Musk was not the administrator of DOGE and is a special government employee who joins the government for a short and specific period of time — 130 days or less.

The tenure of a special government employee, however, may increase.
After Politico’s Rachel Bade claimed it as a ‘scoop’, press secretary Karoline Leavitt said the “scoop” is garbage because this is already known.

“Elon Musk and President Trump have both *publicly* stated that Elon will depart from public service as a special government employee when his incredible work at DOGE is complete,” Karoline said.

Continue Reading

World

Dennis Rodman Shuts Down Death Rumors with a Bold Instagram Post

Picture this: You’re scrolling through social media, and suddenly, you see posts claiming Dennis Rodman, the NBA icon, has passed away. Panic sets in—could it be true? Thankfully, the 63-year-old basketball legend was quick to set the record straight, proving he’s very much alive with a cheeky Instagram update. Here’s the full story behind the […]

Published

on

Dennis Rodman Shuts Down Death Rumors with a Bold Instagram Post

Picture this: You’re scrolling through social media, and suddenly, you see posts claiming Dennis Rodman, the NBA icon, has passed away. Panic sets in—could it be true? Thankfully, the 63-year-old basketball legend was quick to set the record straight, proving he’s very much alive with a cheeky Instagram update. Here’s the full story behind the bizarre rumor and how Rodman turned it into a moment of triumph.

What Sparked the Dennis Rodman Death Hoax?

It all kicked off on April 1, 2025—yep, April Fools’ Day. Social media lit up with whispers that Dennis Rodman, the five-time NBA champ famous for his wild style and rebounding skills, had died. Some even threw in a dramatic twist, saying it was due to an “autoerotic asphyxiation accident.” Talk about a jaw-dropper! With no official word from Rodman’s camp at first, fans were left wondering if this was a sick joke or a tragic reality. Given the date, though, it didn’t take long for people to suspect it was just a tasteless prank.

How the NBA Legend Proved He’s Still Kicking

Dennis Rodman wasn’t about to let the rumor mill have the last word. On Tuesday afternoon, he hopped on Instagram with a photo that screamed confidence—rocking a Chicago Bulls cap, shades, and his signature swagger. His caption? “Yesss Sirr Alive and Well, What’s up #alive #imhere.” Classic Rodman—short, bold, and straight to the point. That one post was all it took to squash the rumors and reassure his legion of followers that the “Worm” is still very much in the game.

Fans React to the Wild April Fools’ Prank

Once Rodman dropped his update, the internet exhaled a collective sigh of relief—followed by some serious shade-throwing. Fans flooded his comments with love and frustration. “I swear I was just coming to check,” one wrote, while another chimed in, “Definitely came straight here.” Others weren’t so forgiving, blasting the pranksters: “Death is not a joke even on April Fools’ Day,” one fumed. Another added, “Why y’all playing with Dennis Rodman like that?

It’s clear the hoax hit a nerve, but it also reminded everyone just how much the NBA legend is still adored.

Continue Reading

Trending